Tuesday, September 22, 2009

FUEL FOR THE SOUL... the Word - transformative, not informative


So many times I read the Bible in preparation for something... a sermon, Sunday school, a presentation of some kind. The Bible becomes my number one resource for the information I need... But sometimes the Bible becomes just that, a resource for information.  Why I read and how I read God's Word are very important.

Last Sunday we bagan a sermon series called FUEL FOR THE SOUL. We looked at the spiritual disciplines of silence and solitude. I hope you've been able to implement these disciplines into your busy life this week.  This coming Sunday, September 27, we will look at another very important spiritual discipline to add Fuel for the Soul... reading God's Word. The title of the sermon is "the Word - transformative, not informative."

There are four steps to transformational Bible study. We will explore each of these steps on Sunday. The more we implement these strategies of spiritual disciplines into our everyday lives, the better our relationships become with God and others. I hope to see you on Sunday!